Friday, March 1, 2013

113. GEO HC-102 Hurricane Blue circle lens review + video!

OMG I'm actually here with a review. Well, I've done two reviews from this series already, but I think it goes without saying that I LOVE these lenses! So here I come with yet ANOTHER review from the GEO Hurricane lenses, this time in blue. Once again, I purchased these from the fantastic Kiwiberry1-Collection. I highly recommend their shop if you have yet to check them out. :)


GEO HC-102 Hurricane Blue
Diameter: 14mm
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Water content: 38%

 Bare eye. (Ring light)

 Wearing Hurricane Blue lens, no makeup.

Color/Design...
Under regular indoor or bathroom lighting, appears as more a dark blue. These photos were taken with a ring light, so they will appear bright blue under flash photography. I also noticed the limbal ring isn't as apparent in these, so they appear quite natural. Although they are very pixelated, I think it helps enhance the hurricane effect, while allowing the lenses to blend into your eyes. They look a little too bold on my bare eyes, but makeup itself will enhance and balance the lenses.

Enlargement...
At a mere 14mm, the enlarging effect is pretty impressive. Despite having tried two others in this series, when I tried these on I was convinced they were at least 14.2mm. As I mentioned earlier, the limbal ring isn't very visible in this lens, softening the overall effect of the lens and appearing more natural.

Comfort...
This is the third lens in this series I have tried, and I'm very impressed with the comfort. I can easily say it's one of the most comfortable lens series I've ever tried. I find that I can wear these lenses for at least 4 hours with very minimal to no discomfort, and no need for eye drops. I think the 14mm size allows more room for the eye to breathe, hence allowing more comfort.

I've also included some comparison shots to the Hurricane Violet and Brown lenses, and links to the reviews. :)

Hurricane Violet
Click for review

 Hurricane Brown
Click for review

I can easily say, overall, these are my favorite in the series so far. I tend to favor brighter lenses over darker, as I think they compliment my eyes better, so naturally I'd drift towards these. Although as I mentioned, they aren't as bright in person in indoor lighting, they are excellent for photos and brighten the eye more than the other two. I purchased these lenses initially for cosplay reasons, but I can definitely see myself wearing these out on days I feel like wearing bolder makeup.

I've also made a short video review for these lenses, and a super quick comparison featuring the Violet and Browns. I tried doing a voice-over for this video, but it was just too short to really fit in anything I wanted to say, so I left it for my blog. I hope you guys enjoyed this review, and enjoy the video. Please let me know what you think, positive or critical, so I can improve!! :)

 

Thanks so much for dropping by! 

- KT


2 comments :

  1. UFS mining shelters include
    the Rapid-Span, Supa-Span, and Alu-Span range of products, these structures
    are all easily disassembled and cartable making them excellent for interim facilities with resale
    options. Now repeat the process by mining and dropping simultaneously.
    We design and manufacture the full range of conveyor components used in materials
    handling equipment, whether for new systems or replacement parts
    to any existing equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natural remedies help the body's immunity system by assisting in the regeneration of good bacteria in the body. Go here to instantly download Yeast Infection No More Book What precisely makes Yeast Infection No More Book unique is the degree of focus that is given to each and every aspect needed to attain permanent escape from candidiasis linked symptoms. Company Name: Fayette Chiropractic Center Address: 126 New Hope Road, Fayetteville, Georgia 30214 Contact Telephone Number: (770) 461-2225 Fax Telephone Number: (770) 461-0186 Email: info@fayettechiropractic. , one of the chiropractors in Fayetteville, is pleased to announce the implementation of programs for natural detoxification therapy. Finally, I think anyone would be inspired by Lynda's story.


    my blog post - monimiaceous

    ReplyDelete